Vindictus [East] Ch. 188

Raidhunter explained!

Soonri
    Advanced Remini

Raidhunter explained!

Post by Soonri on January 10th 2012, 5:47 pm

I'm going to pretend no one has seen Raidhunter's sword solo of Ingkells, so I have an excuse to link it here.
    At 2:13 and 3:30, you'll see Raidhunter Slip under Ingkells's poke, and then Nimble Dash and Double Crescent under the spin. Like everyone else, I wondered: HOW THE F*** DID HE DO THAT?!?!?!

Well....
    This video is the precursor to that trick. What's shown here is Raidhunter using the slight drop of the beginning of Double Crescent to duck under Jagursh's 2nd swipe and hit. The timing and positioning here are crucial to understanding how Raidhunter can pull off the "Ingkells trick".

Now, time to show it in practice!
    You'll see Ragnus pull off the trick in this video. He'll try it twice more, but it won't go as planned. Also, my Teamspeak sound isn't heard so don't think Rag is just talking to himself Razz

Here's me managing to pull it off.

The timing for this is extremely difficult, not to mention that if you're not directly in front of Ingkells while this is happening you'll probably get hit.

To conclude, there are better ways to go about Ingkells' poke and spin (Raidhunter shows some in his video) but this is a way to put your skills to the test.

Ragnus
    Advanced Remini

Re: Raidhunter explained!

Post by Ragnus on January 10th 2012, 5:57 pm

Woo for the two wannabe RaidHunters!!! Cool Lol, but yea, definitely not practical with how strict the timing is to use in an actual fight. Least we managed to pull it off a few times each run. Pretty much use it only if you have to if you're stuck in a position where you can't avoid getting hit any other way like Raidhunter does a few times, or if you're doing some freak solo speed run where you're trying to be as aggressive as possible and use every opening you can to get attacks in. Nice set of vids though, didn't expect a full blown out guide when you said you were recording this stuff!

Nahc
    Remi Explorer

Post by Nahc on January 12th 2012, 1:32 pm

Makes me want to go back to Lann..., but then it would damage my mental health!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is December 17th 2018, 2:59 pm